Queen's Chapel United Methodist Church - Beltsville, MD
Skorpa Design Studio was selected by Queen’s Chapel UMC to design a new addition to their circa 1900 church building in late 2009. Working closely with the church, we developed a plan that tripled the size of their facilities while maintaining the historical connection of the church to their original building.
Our design included:
- A new 700 seat worship space with moder A/V systems
- A new larger narthex / lobby with a coffee bar and small stage area for informal fellowship
- 300 seat flexible hall space served by a full commercial kitchen.
- 8 new classroom spaces
- New office / administration area
- The conversion of a portion of their existing sanctuary into a new chapel
This project was completed in August of 2011.